My goal with the Slow Cooker Queen is to have you hack the kitchen prep and get help managing your healthy eating goals. Hundreds of you have downloaded the FREE Slow Cooker Queen Guide with a week’s worth of healthy, delicious and easy recipes for you and your family which has been really exciting!
My promise to you is to continue to create amazing recipes that you can build on to that collection using your slow cooker all year round. So today is one of my faves…lasagna. Slow Cooker Lasagna is mega easy and I’ve found a way to increase veggie intake without sacrificing the decadence that is lasagna.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1lbs of ground turkey
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Garlic to taste
- 4 brown rice gluten free lasagna noodles
- 1 zucchini vertically sliced
- 3/4 cup grated lactose free cheese
Instructions for Sauce:
- In a sauce pan brown the chopped onion then add the meat
to also brown.
- Next add entire jar of tomato sauce, let simmer for several minutes.
- For the remaining 2-3 minutes stir in chopped spinach.
Slow Cooker Lasagna:
- Generously spray base and sides of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Lay out 2 noodles on the bottom side by side and fill extra space with zucchini slices.
- Place generous layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Second layer base is sliced zucchini.
- Repeat with generous layer of sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Use remaining 2 noodles and zucchini as last base layer.
- Use remainder of sauce and top with remainder of cheese.
- Set on high for 4 hours. Check at 3.5 hours to depending on thickness of sauce layers lasagna may be complete.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Macros per serving:
- Calories: 298
- Protein: 23g
- Carbs: 22.5g
- Fat: 13g
This dish is AMAZING the night of or as left overs! If you haven’t downloaded your FREE copy of the Slow Cooker Queen please do so now HERE!