F-E-A-R. Fear. We are so filled with fear it can be paralyzing. We are fearful of our failures. We are fearful of our successes. We are fearful of our power. We are so afraid of what could be we may also be missing out on what already is.
Did you know living in fear actually signals our body to go into a stress response? This stress response increases inflammation in the body, slows our ability to properly digest our food, makes it more difficult for us to think clearly among so many other negative side effects. This can actually prevent you from achieving your desired outcomes because we become preoccupied with peripheral symptoms.
Fear pushes aside ambition, suppresses creativity and makes us live small. Fear is an emotion that is less and less useful in today’s society yet so prevalent in our language and behaviours. So many rationalize their lack of progress towards a goal or achievement to being afraid of failing or afraid of succeeding.
From experience I realized that the antithesis of fear is worthiness. The moment I chose to be worthy of the achievements and goals I set was the moment I could become present with my fear. Once I became present to it, I could feel it, understand it’s source and move through it any how.
How would someone go about cultivating worthiness? Isn’t that the million dollar question? Here are my favorite tips to cultivating this most precious asset in my success tool kit:
- Speak kindly to yourself. No one will be your cheerleader. Start finding positive things to say to yourself every day. Enough with the negative self-talk on repeat. It’s monotony will wear you down.
- Be your own cheerleader. Start to recognize even small victories towards the goals you set. Make course corrections for areas you want to improve.
- Dig deep and voice your deepest wishes. Cultivating worthiness is also about acknowledging your deepest desires and beginning to work towards making them a reality. This can feel scary at times but of so worth the effort in the end.
- Keep moving forward every time you face fear. Ask yourself, what’s in my way and what do I need to do to be stronger than it? Then do it.
- Lastly – believe it to create it. Every achievement was once an idea that needed to be cultivated, groomed and practiced into reality. Your mindset is no different.
Guaranteed – you will be unstoppable in your ability to move forward in life worthy of your achievements rather than living small in fear of them.
Try it out and let me know how you’ve found success as a result.